Body Belly Soul
The Black Mother's Guide to a Primal, Peaceful, and Powerful Birth
This book is not only a personal journey of pregnancy and birth, it explains situations many new mothers find themselves in.
Perhaps you’re an expecting mother that does not feel completely comfortable with your healthcare provider and you need direction on next steps. Maybe the idea of induction has been presented and you’re in need of holistic ways to jump-start labor. Or you’ve just given birth and find yourself experiencing breastfeeding woes, like clogged ducts and isolation due to generational disconnects.
This book explores common scenarios that Black Mothers are finding themselves in every 40 weeks and so much more you wish your mom, auntie, or sister shared with you.
This book is a guide for any Black mother refusing to give away her power in birthing spaces. The Black Mother who knows without a doubt her choices matter, her mindset matters, and who she surrounds herself with matters. This is for the Black mother ready to take accountability for her birth experience through thoughtful preparation despite the status quo.
Birth does not happen to us. WE Birth babies!
- Checklists for each part of the preparation - Body, Belly and Soul
- A list of nourishing and replenishing food for you and your baby - Prenatal and Postnatal
- Holistic ways to train your body for D- Day
- Interventions explained - The reason and the consequences
- Affirmations and empowerment from our ancestors
- How to hold providers accountable
- Discovery of non-medical comfort measures
- Ways to ramp up Milk production